Jr. Kindergarten Classes
The Foxes and Giraffes
4 years old by September 30th
In our Jr. Kindergarten classrooms, we focus on a broad range of skills through many different mediums.
We begin from a literary standpoint, piquing your child’s interest in books. They become authors and illustrators by actively being involved throughout the year. This will not only prepare them for Kindergarten, but will also get them excited for learning.
There will be lots of experiences in learning and fun. This will provide for a smooth, successful transition into our elementary program.
Our curriculum includes:
- Circle time is where we sing into the weeks and months with our daily calendar, while also engaging ourselves in themes and the letter / secret password of the week.
- Math concepts are demonstrated by counting the first 100 Days of School, writing & identifying numbers, creating & finishing patterns, and color sorting.
- Writing practice is found through repetition of our first and last names, and upper case & lower case letters.
- Motor skills: working on defining them through cutting, tearing, and sensory activities.
- Arts & crafts: we will have a daily opportunity to create with a variety of materials, explore colors, and help your child develop mobility skills in a fun and exciting way.
- Phonological awareness: we encourage word play with letter sounds, rhyming familiar words, and counting syllables.
- Letter bag homework: the children are instructed to bring in an object beginning with the letter of the week. They then give clues to the other children so they may guess the object.
- Team building activities and games are a constructive way to help children understand teamwork, cooperation, communication and, best of all, friendships.
- Jesus Time is where children can learn the teachings of the Bible and grow in their faith.
to meet Ms. Precious and Ms. Jenny CLICK HERE
to meet Ms. Myatt and Ms. Bhatia
Serving God's children and their families since 1959
©2023 Bethany Lutheran Preschool - All Rights Reserved